- Permalloy wire/FeNi Alloy wire /1J79 wire/ soft magnetic alloy/ precision alloy
1J79 (Soft magnetic alloy) precision alloy
(Common Name: Ni79Mo4, E11c, malloy, permalloy, 79HM)
precision alloy-1J79 is a nickel-iron magnetic alloy, with about 80% nickel and 20% iron content. Invented in 1914 by physicist Gustav Elmen at Bell Telephone Laboratories, it is notable for its very high magnetic permeability, which makes it useful as a magnetic core material in electrical and electronic equipment, and also precision alloy in magnetic shielding to block magnetic fields. Commercial permalloy alloys typically have relative permeability of around 100,000, compared to several thousand for ordinary steel.
In addition to high permeability, its other magnetic properties are low coercivity, near zero magnetostriction, and significant anisotropic magnetoresistance. precision alloyThe low magnetostriction is critical for industrial applications, allowing it to be used in thin films where variable stresses would otherwise cause a ruinously large variation in magnetic properties. Permalloy's electrical resistivity can vary as much as 5% depending on the strength and the direction of an applied magnetic field. Permalloys typically have the face centered cubic crystal structure with a lattice constant of approximately 0.355 nm in the vicinity of a nickel concentration of 80%. precision alloy A disadvantage of permalloy is that it is not very ductile or workable, so applications requiring elaborate shapes, such as magnetic shields, are made of other high permeability precision alloy such as mu metal. Permalloy is used in transformer laminations and magnetic recording heads.
precision alloy 1J79 widely used in radio-electronic industry, precision instruments, remote control and automatic control system.
precision alloy precision alloy precision alloy
- Density (g/cm3): 8.6
- Curie point (℃): 450
- Electrical resistivity (μΩ*cm): 55 (20℃)
- Thermal conductivity ( W/m. ℃): 13.4
- Initial permeability μ0 (mH/m): ≥40
- Maximum permeability μm (mH/m): ≥310
- Coercivity Hc (A/m): ≤2.0
- Saturation magnetic induction Bs (T): 0.73
- Infrastructure such as bridges, trestles, water towers, wind turbines, pipelines
- Marine and offshore applications, such as bridges, hulls for ships and tankers, offshore wind turbines
- Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI)
- Boilers and Digesters